Thursday, July 7, 2011

Live Pterosaurs in Washington

No, I don't mean vulture-politicians in Washington, D.C., but the strange flying creatures, often reported as featherless, in the state of Washington.

Reports of Live Pterosaurs in the State of Washington
Daylight Sighting Around 1987, in a Rural Area
“I was 15 yrs old [when] I saw two ropens together sitting on a fence. I was riding my bike home from a friend’s house around 5 pm in [a town in southwest Washington state]. I lived in the country with my parents . . . on a wood plank fence were two of the biggest bird-like creatures I could ever imagine! I almost crashed my bike! They were about 50 ft from me; the first thing I noticed was their heads, then I thought this can’t be! Could they be dinosaurs? . . ."
Bat-Winged Creature Seen by Family in Washington State
In the first email, the witness reported: 
We live in the Pacific Northwest on many acres of mostly tree covered land with a creek.  We have seen and heard a strange nocturnal, bat-like creature.  This thing is huge, light grey, skin with no fur, feathers or scales.  It silently swoops down at you with giant bat wings.  It makes a sound like a jungle monkey or bird, thus we refer to it as the monkey bird. . . .
There were two of them together and they seemed fearless of me when they swooped down at me more than once and returned way up to the top of the highest trees.  I couldn’t get a look at the faces or eyes, mainly the huge grey bat-wings approximately 4′ span .are what I could see.  They seem to show up every summer always after dusk anytime through the night.  Locals don’t seem to know about them. . . .
The witness reported back:
Thank you for checking with your colleague.  Are the owl wings shaped like bat wings?  Do they cling to the sides of the trees?  Do they make a sound like “Hooooowhahhhhhh, aaahooooowahhhh!  with the wah like the rolling of your tongue?   Also the skin on the chest and wings was grey, mottled with some brownish color like a Mexican hairless dogs skin, and it had like visible blood veins kind of like protruding on the skin area.

3 comments:

  1. What is your thoughts on this one?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0sKCY_nYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this video (if I remember correctly) the images of those two girls did not have all that horizontal-noise kind of video smearing. But there is a problem.

    This does not exactly resemble some old video. It looks more like it's been doctored up, for those imperfections really look fake. And why do we not see the major video "problems" at the top of the screen when the "creature" flies by?

    In light of all that, the creator of this production demonstrates that he (or she) is an expert at working with Photoshop. Put those things together and you have a Youtube video that is very questionable.

    ReplyDelete